Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thesis Proposal

while studying interior design over the past four years, I've been able to dabble in different types of design projects from; Residential Design, Commercial Design, Retail Design, Corporate Design, Health Care Design and now currently working on Hospitality Design.

However after doing much research and consideration i found i have a strong interest in Yacht Design, Naval Architecture and Engineering.

Usually as a senior part of our curriculum for second semester is to go for an internship for 15 weeks, But since the economy is doing so poorly, a lot of firms are laying off employees, and if their hiring interns, then they're free intern positions.

So the alternative to that situation is a Senior thesis. Something I am very interested in. I see this as a great opportunity where i can take the chance to make my portfolio as strong as possible, before graduation.

So knowing that I have such an immense interest in yacht design this is my thesis proposal:


Research and Studies into the construction of advanced Yacht aesthetics, human interaction and new age technology.

Researching topics about:
If green design can be functional on a constantly moving space
If there are ways that maybe hydrogen could be used instead of fuel
What effects do the naval shipyards have on the ecological surroundings?
just ideas like that

but I'm excited! it's going to be difficult, but I'm ready!

No comments: